Páginas

Translate

07 outubro 2018

First Pages - Bullet Journal

As promised in the previous post, today I will share  the first pages of my Bullet Journal for the next year. 

The first pages were very difficult to start. That feeling of failure, of messing  the first pages right away ... ( I wrote this and thought "Oh my God, so many problems in the world and I speak of this like a huge problem..." resuming....) and yes, I kinda mess up the first pages.

For the first page, I didn´t wrote a quote, just the year and an image that represents the new path/ challenge for the next year (becoming a mother). The image is really a card from the "Book for paper lovers" from the Flow magazine



I tried to use the distress ink below the year but it kinda mess the paper, the paper became soaked and fragile. I leave it to dry and passed to the second page (same sheet, other page)

This was my first mistake. Starting the next page (of the same sheet) BEFORE the page drying completely. The page was still messed up by the distressed ink so I had to cover it up,  I used some washi tape and wrote down "Key". I had a sticker of a key and I also used it. 



After seeing so may "Key" pages, I thought I had the symbols defined, so I draw them out. Well, a day after I saw some symbols with witch a relate more. So... new cover up: I cut a piece of paper from the last page of the bullet journal, glued it, and changed the key symbols.



At this point, the page had already dried out, and for my surprise, the paper was OK! To late though, as I already had used the washi tape to cover up the second page, and this washi tape is like a sticker, it´s almost impossible to remove.
I tried to disguise the distress ink of the first page with some color pencil.

Result: not happy with my first and second pages! Too confusing, different concepts... Although this, João thought the bullet journal was comfy.



Moving on.... third page. Yes,  I also mess up this page. The mistake? I have to say I´m embarrassed,  I wrote 2018 instead of 2019.... no comments....  so, new cover up, new washi tape and on top of it "2019". The mistakes didn´t stop here.... in the March month, although I wrote down before in pencil, I only realize the days of the week were wrong after using the pen. New cover up cutting a bit of paper from the last page of the bullet journal.



And finally, the next pages, the "Index" pages where I didn´t made any mistakes, and the first I´m really happy with! It´s simple, clean and with no cover up!


Let´s stop now, in this happy place.

What I learned:
   
1)  Let a page dry completely before do something or try to cover it up
2) Could use some washi tape to cover up mistakes
3) Left a page to cut some pieces and use them to cover up mistakes
4) Be perfectly sure of the color pallet you want to use (if the washi tape, the pens, the stickers really blend together)
5) Before write down with the pen, write it with a pencil first and really look if everything is OK. Try to control that eager of seeing the page done.  
6) Keep going, eventually you will do better next time, and make no mistakes

I hope this could help you to prevent the same mistakes, or at least, to help you to disguise them.
In the next post of this theme I will show you some of my supllies.

See you!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Como prometido no ultimo post, hoje vou partilhar as primeiras páginas do meu Bullet Journal para o próximo ano.

Foi difícil começar. Aquele sentimento de ir falhar, de ir fazer asneira logo nas primeiras páginas... (escrevi isto e pensei "Meu Deus, tantos problemas no mundo e falo disto como se fosse uma catástrofe..." continuando.....) e sim, fiz logo asneira nas primeiras páginas.

Na primeira página não citei nenhum chavão bonito, apenas mencionei o ano e coloquei uma imagem que representa o novo caminho/ desafio do próximo ano (ser mãe). Esta imagem é um postal retirado do livro "Book for paper lovers" da revista "Flow".

Tentei usar a distress ink por baixo do ano mas danificou o papel, ficou meio empapado e frágil. Deixei secar e passei para a segunda página (mesma folha, outra página).

Este foi o meu primeiro erro. Começar a página seguinte (da mesma folha) ANTES da folha secar completamente. A folha ainda estava frágil da tinta e tentei disfarçar isso por usar washi tape e escrever "Key" por cima.Também tinha um etiqueta com uma chave e colei-a na página.

Era de esperar que depois de ver tantas páginas com a "Chave", já tivesse definido qual queria usar, mas logo no dia seguinte encontrei símbolos com que me identificava mais. Então... novo disfarce: cortei um pedaço de papel da ultima página do meu Bullet Journal, colei-o e mudei os símbolos da minha Chave.

Por esta altura a página já tinha secado completamente e, para minha surpresa, o papel estava bom! Tarde demais, porque já tinha colado a washi tape na outra página e esta washi tape é como um autocolante, é quase impossível retirá-la.
Tentei disfarçar a tinta com lápis de cor num tom idêntico.

Resultado: não fiquei nada satisfeita com as duas primeiras páginas! Demasiado confusas, conceitos diferentes... Apesar disto o João achou o meu bullet journal confortável.

Continuando para a terceira página. E sim, também fiz asneira nesta. Qual? Tenho vergonha de dizer, mas escrevi 2018 em vez de 2019... sem comentários... então, para corrigir isto, usei de novo washi tape e escrevi 2019 por cima. Os erros não pararam por aqui... no mês de Março, apesar de ter escrito antes a lápis, só reparei que me tinha enganado nos dias da semana depois de escrever a caneta. Nova alteração, cortei mais um pedaço de papel da ultima página e colei-o por cima.

E finalmente, nas próximas páginas, as do Índice, não fiz asneira e destas posso dizer que gosto! São simples e sem correcções!

É melhor parar por aqui, enquanto está tudo bem.

O que aprendi:

1) Deixar secar completamente uma folha, dos dois lados, antes de tentar corrigir o que quer que seja
2) Pode-se usar washi tape para encobrir erros
3) Deixar uma página do bullet journal para cortar alguns pedaços de papel e usar para disfarçar erros
4) Ter a certeza absoluta que as cores que vamos usar ( quer na washi tape, nas canetas ou etiquetas) ligam bem.
5) Antes de passar a caneta, escrever a lápis e olhar bem para confirmar que está tudo ok. Tentar controlar aquela vontade de ver a página pronta o mais rápido possível.
6) Continuar, eventualmente vamos melhorar e não cometer tantos erros.

Espero que isto ajude para evitar que cometam os mesmos erros ou , pelo menos, que ajude a corrigi-los.
No próximo post deste tema, vou mostrar-vos algum material que uso.

Até lá!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário